August Writing Journal Prompts
*** Canadian and American spelling included ***
Please note: This writing packet is included in my Writing Journal Prompts BUNDLE.
Do not purchase this resource if you already own the bundle!
About this book:
This book contains a collection of journal prompts for the month of July. The simple prompts are ideal for beginning and struggling writers in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2.
Cover page (page 5)
Draw and label (pages 6-8)
- person template
- things you will need for school
- what you would like to have inside your lunch box
List writing (pages 9-11)
- My favorite things
- Toppings to the best pizza
- Things I like about school
How to / procedural writing (pages 12-17)
- How to Make Jelly Toast (with and without pictures)
- How to go Start the School Day (with and without pictures)
- How To Pack a Lunch (with and without pictures)
Writing prompts with pictures (pages 18-27)
- My favorite color
- My favorite food
- My favorite fruit
- My favorite animal
- For breakfast
- I like to
- I am good at
- The weather today
- At school I will need
- Going back to school makes me feel
Opinion writing with pictured choices (pages 28-30)
- I would rather (read books or watch movies) all day because...
- I would rather drink (milk or juice) because...
- I would rather travel to school (in a hot air balloon or bay airplane) because...
Opinion writing II (pages 30-33)
- I am a nice person because...
- When I am alone, I like to... because
- The thing I like most about my new teacher is... because
Narrative writing (pages 32-37)
- Describing my family (sentence writing)
- Write a sentence to match the picture (girl feeding birds at the park)
- Write a story to match the picture (boy flying with a bunch of balloons)
- Write a story to match the picture (family at the airport during summer)
Narrative writing II (pages 38-42)
- Something that makes me smile
- I am sad when
- If I had a magic school chair
- If I found a treasure map hidden in my classroom
- If I could be any book character
Acrostic poem (page 43)
Simile poem (page 44)
- First day of School
Letter writing to your teacher telling him or her something about yourself (page 45)
Additional page with handwriting lines (pages 46)
Happy Teaching :)
Please click here to view
all my Writing Journal Prompts.
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and giveaways!Follow me on PinterestVisit my blog