Celebrate Australia with your class! This 70 page resource and activity pack can be used to celebrate Australia Day or at anytime of the year. HUGE variety of activities, games, printables and worksheets that can be used across many year levels. Find everything you need in one spot. Simply pick and choose the right activities that suit your students abilities.
- Background Information for teachers
- A list of Australian picture story books to complement your unit
- Advance Australia Fair and cloze activity
- Make and color an Australian Flag and design your own
- Australian Map Activities
- Comprehension Activity to do with Australia Day
- Create your own BBQ Menu
- Make your own Australian Word List
- Writing prompts to do with Australia
- Make your own books about Australia (perfect for Kindergarten and First Grade)
- Make your own Dingo or Koala mask
- Colouring Sheets
- Information about Australian Coins and Notes
- Venn Diagram outline to compare your country with Australia
- A-Z of Australia, including suggested answers
- Acrostic Poem Outline
- Match the Australian animal worksheet
- Animal animal jigsaw activity
- Australian Games
- Roll 2 and Add or Subract
All instructions are included with worksheets or in pack. Please download the preview for more information.
This is a great pack for general learning about Australia also. Not all activities need to relate to Australia Day.
Read what others are saying about this product:
"Excellent resource if you are doing a Unit study on Australia. This resource has become very resourceful. Thanks"
"Thank you, such a great resource and time saver! Works well in my Grade Two Classroom."
"My class loved all the activities included in this pack. It was great to use at the start of the year as a way to inform my teaching as there are a range of activities aimed at different ability levels. Thank you so much!"
"Used this resource pack and my students loved it! Different activities could work with different age groups- very engaging. Thank you!"
"Excellent resource, suitable for all grades and I LOVE the games at the end! You've saved me so much time Alison, thank you!"
Want 50% off? Follow Me to find out about all new resources!
COPYRIGHT ©2017 Alison Hislop of Teaching Maths with Meaning
Permission for personal use in a single classroom. Please purchase additional licenses for use in multiple classrooms.
Are you looking for more Australian themed resources? Try
- Australia Cut and Paste
- Australia State and Country Fact File
- Australia Patterns and Symmetry
- Australia Roll and Cover
- Australian Money Spinners FREE
- Make Your Own Australian Flag FREE
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *