Australia is the land down under! Australia is also a land of great contrasts. Australian Geography is comprised of 24 Thinking Trek task cards, 14 Australia mapping activities, 80 Australia word cards and 3 printable posters.
Australia Geography Thinking Treks
24 engaging Australian Geography Task Cards:
• ideal for differentiation
• promotes critical and creative thinking
• great extension for early finishers
• perfect for Australia based learning centres
• suited to individual or collaborative work
• a fun way to learn about Australia
• some trek activities require research
• link to my free online pathfinder ‘Australian Geography’ to assist students to locate information on quality, ‘kid friendly’ web sites quickly Australian Geography Pathfinder
Australian Geography contains 10 printable mapping activities related to all States and Territories of Australia. There are also 3 mapping activities that make some connections between Australia and other countries.
Printable Australia Mapping Activities
• Australian State and Territory Colours
• Capital Cities of Australia
• Re-unite the Country (cut and paste)
• New South Wales
• South Australia
• Western Australia
• Northern Territory
• Australian Capital Territory
• Australia and Africa: making connections
• Australia and South America: making connections
• Australia and China: making connections
• Compass Rose
Australian Geography Teaching Trek contains 3 posters.
• Australia: land of contrasts
• Compass Rose (8 points)
• Thinking Treks
This product also contains Australian geography vocabulary on 80 Word Cards, over 30 of which are illustrated. Two pages of blank cards are also included. The cards are suitable for Word Walls and associated learning activities:
Australia, Queensland, Victoria, Northern Territory, South Australia, New South Wales, Western Australia, Tasmania, Australian Capital Territory, states, territories, capital cities, Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Hobart, Adelaide, fauna, flora, climate, population, rainfall, globe, longitude, latitude, compass rose, projection map, equator, landforms, landmarks, oceans, continents, hemispheres, Northern Hemisphere, Southern Hemisphere, Eastern Hemisphere, Western Hemisphere, prime meridian, Gulf of Carpentaria, Torres Strait, Timor Sea, Coral Sea, Tasman Sea, Arafura Sea, Pacific Ocean, South Pacific Ocean, Indian Ocean, Bass Strait, Great Australian Bite, Shark Bay, Tropic of Cancer, Tropic of Capricorn, cardinal directions, North, South, East, West, Sydney opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Kakadu, The Daintree, Twelve Apostles, Lake Eyre, Kimberley Plateau, Bungle, Bungles, Murray River, Cape York Peninsula, Fraser island, Tanami desert, Great Sandy Desert, McDonnell Ranges, Nullarbor Plain
You may also like:
Back to School Thinking Task Cards
Halloween Thinking Trek
Australia for Kinder Kids
Summer for Kinder Kids
Chinese New Year
St. Patrick’s Day
Use Thinking Treks and a range of printables to learn about the geography of Australia.
* Updated March 2014 to include a colour poster of the states and territories of Australia.