The Australia Unit Study is a comprehensive lesson plan for the classroom or homeschool. It is based on a cross-curricular approach to learning, covering topics such as geography, math, language arts, science and foreign language.
Included in the Australia Unit Study are: lots of information organized by topic, detailed teaching notes, lots of vibrant photos, games, and hands-on activities.
Kids will immerse themselves in the Australian culture. The lessons culminate in a personalized, homemade Australia Book.
130 pages of information!!
The Australia Unit Study is divided into the following categories:
• Basic Facts - Easy to read information about the Australia
• Map it! - Geography portion of the program aimed at enhancing map reading skills, learning capitals, placing countries geographically on a map
• Money Matters - A look at the currency used and its value
• Speak it! - Learn the differences between Australian and American English
• Food - Find out what the people enjoy eating, make a dish
• Culture - Explore traditions, folklore, music and arts
• Sports – Find out what sports Australians enjoy most
• Cities and Landmarks - Explore important cities and landmarks
• Notable People - Fun facts about people from Australia that have made an impact in the world
• Science and Nature - Explore the area's significant fauna and flora
• Activities - Do all of this while having fun with puzzles, games and hands on projects
• Words to Know – Relevant vocabulary used throughout the program compiled into an easy to use list
For additional resources and free activities, check out our Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/aoliveira3010