This unit provides opportunities for students to explore natural, heritage and built features in Australia. The unit focuses on investigating and evaluating the significance of particular sites and places and what people value about them.
OUTCOMES AND INDICATORS
Describes places in the local area and other parts of Australia and explains their significance.
• Locates and names the capital city of Australia and of each State/Territory, and major regional centres
• Gives reasons why particular activities may be associated with particular natural- built and heritage features and places
• Compares natural and built features, sites and places in their local area with other locations in Australia or the world
• Describes how people can construct and modify environments in a manner that reflects ideas, culture, needs and wants
• Locates and maps cities, rivers and mountains in NSW and uses location terminology such as north, south, east, west
• Recognises that Aboriginal nations and boundaries provide a way of understanding the Australian continent
• Recognises Aboriginal place names for places in Australia.
Describes people’s interactions with environments and identifies responsible ways of interacting with environments.
• Identifies issues about the care of places in the community or places of importance to them
• Examines the effects of regulations, laws and practices associated with the management and care of natural and built features and sites
• Evaluates the necessity of caring for and conserving a feature, site or place
• Identifies the consequences of using features, sites and places in different ways.
Lesson 1 Introduction
Lesson 2 Natural Landforms
Lesson 3 Aboriginal Dreamtime
Lesson 4 Australian Map and Aboriginal Names
Lesson 5 What a Site!
Lesson 6 Natural, Built and Cultural Sites
Lesson 7 What’s in a Site?
Lesson 8 To Change or Not to Change
Lesson 9 Our Flag
Lesson 10 Coat of Arms and Assessment
Overview of Assessment
Diagnostic /Summative Assessment: Through discussion and a pre-assessment (BLM 1) will be issued at the start of the unit. The assessment will then be reissued at the completion of this unit.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO BUYERS: This is a smart notebook and unit of work bundle. As stated in the file type information, this is a smart notebook file. The unit of work is embedded in the smart notebook. Therefore, to use this product you MUST have the smart notebook program installed on your computer at home or at school. For more information on the Smart Notebook program itself click here
WHAT YOU GET:
**EDITABLE Unit of Work**
Engaging, detailed smart notebook to accompany the lessons and enhance your teaching and learning.
Hours saved on making the resources, sourcing the information and programming the unit.
This can also be used by other countries (other than Australia) who may be wanting to learn about our beautiful Australia.
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Beside each purchase you will see a "Provide Feedback" button. On your "My Purchases" page, you will see a list of products you have purchased and a link to provide feedback. Remember, you earn TPT credits to use to purchase other products. These credits are just like cash! So please leave a feedback review, it would be much appreciated :)
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under Mrs W-L.
Copyright © 2017 Mrs W-L. All rights reserved.
This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy.