Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Using timelines in your classroom is a key requirement of the Australian HASS curriculum. Incorporate this Australian Aboriginal Reconciliation Timeline and its accompanying activities into your classroom and you will not only be meeting these history requirements but you will also have a great display in your classroom that can lead to further language-rich activities and investigations, perfect for National Reconciliation Week or NAIDOC week!
What you will receive in this timeline activity bundle:
✔ high quality posters
✔ 4 activities to use alongside the Reconciliation Timeline. Please see the preview for further details of these activities. Lesson plan instructions are included to aide you in the implementation of these activities.
Events included on these posters:
- Captain Cooks arrives in Botany Bay
- First Fleet arrives
- Commonwealth of Australia is formed
- Australian citizenship given to all Australians
- Indigenous people given the right to vote
- Australian Government given power to make laws regarding Indigenous peoples
- Aboriginal Tent Embassy campaigns for rights outside parliament
- Department of Aboriginal Affairs is established
- Racial Discrimination Act is passed through Parliament
- Patricia O'Shane becomes Australia's first Aboriginal barrister
- Uluru is handed back to its traditional owners
- Bob Hawke receives The Barunga Statement
- Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody presents its final report
- Aboriginal Reconciliation Council meets for the first time
- Mabo decision is handed down
- First National Week of Prayer for Reconciliation is held
- First Reconciliation Week is held
- Bringing them home report is launched
- National Sorry day is commemorated for the first time
- 300 000 people walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge in support of reconciliation
- Memorial established for Stolen Generations
- Kevin Rudd formally apologises
- Australia supports United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People
Take a look at some of the great feedback for this resource:
"Good resource to begin introducing all of these important events."
"This was a very helpful resource. Thank you!"
"Absolutely fantastic ! My students are going to love working on this subject thanks to you."
"Thank you for this creative and comprehensive resource which I can't wait to use with my students!
Not after all the activities and worksheets? Why not just purchase the timeline posters here: Australian Aboriginal Reconciliation Timeline Posters
If you liked the look of these posters, you may also like these:
How many posters are included?
24 beautifully presented posters, highlighting the events that have had an impact on the recognition of the rights of Australia's Indigenous peoples are included in this set.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit 'fit to page' before printing.
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,