This high quality product features 24 beautifully presented posters, highlighting the events that have had an impact on the recognition of the rights of Australia's Indigenous peoples. Use as a wall display around your classroom to recognise and celebrate National Reconciliation week or NAIDOC week or use to support other activities that focus on the issues of reconciliation in Australia. Let your imagination run wild with this multipurpose resource.
Also included in this bundle are 4 activities to use alongside the Australian Federation Timeline. Please see the preview for further details of these activities. Lesson plan instructions are included to aide you in the implementation of these activities.
This bundle is designed to save you time! Simply print, laminate where needed and you are ready to go.
Each poster is A4 in size.
Events included on these posters:
- Captain Cooks arrives in Botany Bay
- First Fleet arrives
- Commonwealth of Australia is formed
- Australian citizenship given to all Australians
- Indigenous people given the right to vote
- Australian Government given power to make laws regarding Indigenous peoples
- Aboriginal Tent Embassy campaigns for rights outside parliament
- Department of Aboriginal Affairs is established
- Racial Discrimination Act is passed through Parliament
- Patricia O'Shane becomes Australia's first Aboriginal barrister
- Uluru is handed back to its traditional owners
- Bob Hawke receives The Barunga Statement
- Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody presents its final report
- Aboriginal Reconciliation Council meets for the first time
- Mabo decision is handed down
- First National Week of Prayer for Reconciliation is held
- First Reconciliation Week is held
- Bringing them home report is launched
- National Sorry day is commemorated for the first time
- 300 000 people walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge in support of reconciliation
- Memorial established for Stolen Generations
- Kevin Rudd formally apologises
- Australia supports United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People
Not after all the activities and worksheets? Why not just purchase the timeline posters here:
- Australian Aboriginal Reconciliation Timeline Posters - Pathway to Recognition
If you liked the look of these posters, you may also like these:
— Aboriginal Multi-Purpose Editable Classroom Labels
— Australian History Timeline
— Australian Celebrations Classroom Display Posters
Please note: These posters are best printed on A4 sized paper.
Please note: This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
If you liked the look of this product, please take a look at my other products for sale in my store:
To keep up with new products, simple follow me on
Pinterest: Ridgy Didge Resources
Or better yet, follow my store to receive updates of new product listings right in your inbox!