The 'Australian Adventure Tour Design' booklet is a fantastic resource for upper primary/middle school students, as it encourages collaboration, problem solving and creativity, as well as fundamental math skills such as addition and multiplication.
With the premise of designing a 4-day Australian Adventure to an iconic Indigenous landmark, students must work collaboratively to research and present their findings on the following:
- An Australian landmark:
Uluru, Blue Mountains, Karlu Karlu, The Pinnacles, Bungle Bungles
- An animal native to the destination:
Koala, kangaroo, emu, echidna, wombat
- Travel arrangements to and from the landmark
- Accommodation and food costs
- Attractions to visit during their stay
*After completing their research, students will present a poster and presentation - peer assessment rubric included*
At the completion of this booklet, students will have a deeper understanding of significant Aboriginal Australian landmarks and historical beliefs, increased knowledge about native Australian animals and will have also developed communication, problem solving and mathematical skills.
* See the preview to get a closer look! :) *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
**Aligned to ACARA - Stage Two & Three outcomes provided**
NOTE: This resource is appropriate for all countries, so why not design your next holiday down under!
Perfect as an introduction to Australia or for Australia Day!
Want a discount on your next purchase?
• After purchasing this product simply provide feedback and you can earn TpT credit!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
If you like this product you may also like:
• 'Adventure Time Theme Park' - A Group Problem Solving Math Project
• School Carnival Design - A group problem solving math project
• Soccer World Cup Tour Design - A group problem solving math project
• North Pole Holiday Design - A group problem solving math project