This is a fun unit that explores Australian animals. Students become rangers that care and learn about the animals that live in the Australian bush. Animals include: Koala, Kangaroo, Emu, Possum, Kookaburra, Wombat, Platypus, Echidna, Dingo, Cockatoo and Black Swan.
As they learn they can earn colorful Australian animal trading cards. It is amazing what a student will do to earn a trading card. Please see the preview for more information.
• Useful website links and story books
• Australian Animal map and collectable animal stickers (color and BW)
• My Australian Animal booklet - 12 pages
• 12 trading cards to collect
• Classification posters
• Ranger name badges printable or editable.
• Information reports by a Ranger
• Save an endangered Australian animal.
• 12 animal information posters
• 12 animal and name cards
• 12 animal and matching name cards
• Australian and other animal sort – read and write the room cards with 2 differentiated recording sheets.
• What am I? Flip Guessing cards for a fun game.
• Alphabetical order worksheet
• Compare 2 animals worksheet
• Name the Australian Animal worksheet
Please note I have included a second version with blank lines if you prefer.
For Australian animal art and craft ideas please see my pinterest page. Link-JaanaGraypinterest
Thank you for checking out my product. I hope it is what you are looking for. Feel free to check out some of my other products.
Some other Aussie themed products include:
100 Australian Animals
Australia Day and activities
NAIDOC Aboriginal Activites
Some helpful hints when using TpT:
1. Follow people whose products you like or suits your students. You can follow someone by clicking on the star button on the top right section of the store. You will then get a notification of any new products and any sales. Very important.
2. You can earn TpT credits by simply leaving feedback about a product. These credits work like money and you can then claim them when you make a purchase. So you get a discount and even free products.
So if you like what you see, please follow me and don’t forget to leave some feedback. That would make my day. ☺