Australian Curriculum 8.4 & 9.0 Year 1&2 Health Unit - Respectful Relationships
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 1 and 2 teachers, this complete set of our ever popular health units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum has everything you need to teach your students the content required.PLEASE NOTE: this unit has beePrice $50.00Original Price $59.80Save $9.80
- Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Health teachers. This complete set of our ever popular health units specifically aligned to the New Australian Curriculum version 9.0 has everything you need to teach your students the content required from Foundation righPrice $180.00Original Price $224.25Save $44.25
- Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Health teachers. This complete set of our ever popular health units specifically aligned to the New Australian Curriculum version 8.4 and 9.0 has everything you need to teach your students the content required from FoundatPrice $85.00Original Price $104.65Save $19.65
Guide your Year 1 and 2 students through the Australian health curriculum content with these practical activities. Use these activities and unit plan to open a safe, age-appropriate classroom conversation that focuses on celebrating and respecting similarities and differences. Your students will become completely immersed in the topic as they explore similarities and differences in their own classroom, describe and practice emotional responses and explore ways we can make others feel included.
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
With these health worksheets and unit plan, you’ll be well prepared to engage your students in this topic. These activities help your students to become more aware of their impact on others and how we can respect the differences in one another.
This bundle includes the following:
- Unit Plan
- Assessment Rubric
- Activity Bundle - including activity sheets and posters
- Supportive Powerpoint - this powerpoint follows the lives of 4 children from around the world, exploring how they live day to day, highlighting the similarities and differences to your own student's lives.
- Classroom Poster
These activities and unit plan cover the following Australian Curriculum Year 1 and 2 Health content descriptors:
- Identify and explore skills and strategies to develop respectful relationships AC9HP2P02
- Identify how different situations influence emotional responses
- Describe ways to include others to make them feel they belong (ACPPS019)
- Describe and practise emotional responses that account for own and others’ feelings (ACPPS020)
- Recognise similarities and differences in individuals and groups, and explore how these are celebrated and respected (ACPPS024)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
- This is Me
- This is How We Live - Exploring the lives of children across the world to explore similarities and differences
- I'm New Here - Investigating how children feel when they come to a new school and exploring ways to make them feel more comfortable
- Recognising Emotions - Explored through games and books
- Welcome to Our School Scenario (Assessment opportunity)
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
- Year 1&2 Health Unit - Safety
- Year 1&2 Health Unit - What's My SuperPower
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Disclaimer: This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.