Engage your students with this exciting health unit, focusing on individual strengths and milestones, designed to compliment the Year 1 and 2 Australian Health curriculum. Highly engaging and filled with age-appropriate activities, this unit includes a powerpoint, printable activity sheets, a printable classroom poster and a unit plan to guide your teaching sequence. Your students will become completely immersed in the topic as they explore their own achievements, how certain achievements are celebrated around the world and what particular 'superpower' sets them apart from everyone else.
This bundle includes the following:
- Unit Plan
- Activity Bundle - including activity sheets and printables
- Supportive Powerpoint - this powerpoint looks at birthday celebrations around the world.
- Classroom Poster
These activities and unit plans complement the following Australian Curriculum Year 1&2 Health content descriptors:
- Describe their own strengths and achievements and those of others, and identify how these contribute to personal identities (ACPPS015)
- Describe physical and social changes that occur as children grow older and discuss how family and community acknowledge these (ACPPS016)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
- Physical Changes (baby to now)
- How I Celebrate
- Birthday Celebrations Around the World
- Milestones I've Achieved
- Superpowers of Others
- Appreciating Another's Superpower
- My Superpower
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,