This activity matrix lists three activity suggestions for each of the historical skills listed in the Australian Curriculum. Therefore each activity is not only fun but can also be used as an assessment piece.
This resource is four pages long and contains the following:
Page 1: Activity matrix
Page 2 - 4
Supporting resources including:
• A glossary
• A federation timeline
• Cause and effect ideas to get you started
• An activity suggestion to help your students gain an insight into the difficult decision making process that the colonies went through to federate
• A commemorative arch activity suggestion
• A list of significant federation figures
• Other activity suggestions.
This activity matrix and its associated resources is a great place to start when planning to teach a unit on federation.
® History Explorers by Catherine Gordon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives 4.0 International License.