This pack has 90 pages of money activities. Plenty of practice with realistic Aussie coins and notes! Activities include:
- Money Cards in four versions (e.g. 5 cents, image of coin, 5c and $0.05). These can be used for a range of purposes such teacher modelling, ordering or you could do a matching activity.
- Pocket Chart activity (Make.... e.g. Use 10c coins to make $1, Use different coins to make $1 four ways). Comes with coins and notes that can be printed and used in pocket chart or use play money.
3 Matching coins to dollar amounts activities:
- Monster Money Match - coins to $1
- Pirates Loot Match - coins to $5
- Race Car Cash - coins and notes to $20
3 Solve and Show activities Students calculate the value of each card and show another way to make the same amount.
- to $1
- to $2
- and to $20.
- Roll One Dollar and Roll Two Dollars (dice activities).
- Pirates Treasure (problem solving). Each treasure chest card has a value (e.g. $3) and a Clue (e.g. 6 coins). Students work out what coins are in the chest.
- Shopping Spree - 2 versions. Each card has some food items and the prices for each. Students lay out coins to calculate the total.
- Show Me The Money - draw, stamp or make coin rubbings of different amounts.
- Least to Greatest - use the many coin cards in this pack to turn over three and put in value order.
- Bag of Money - provide plastic money in baggies and record the totals on this recording sheet.
- 24 Task Cards
NOT ALL PAGES ARE SHOWN IN THE PREVIEW.
Check out my blog for more ideas and freebies:
Down Under Teacher.