Want an engaging way to practise counting Australian coins? Look no further than these game boards! These game boards are perfect for Maths centres, small group rotations and even free time! Students will have so much fun playing, whilst importantly practising how to add and subtract coin values.
Included in this product is:
• 2 x game boards
• Detailed instructions
The first version with the blue squares is a simpler game version, with less coins on the board. The second version with the purple squares is more difficult, as there are a lot more coins for the students to add whilst playing.
How to play:
Students play the game in the groups of 2-4
• All players begin the game with a starting total of $0.
• Students begin from the Start square and roll a die. They move their player counter along the board depending on the number they rolled.
• If the student lands on a square with a coin, they must add the value to their total. There are also other special squares that students can land on. Please refer to the preview for a full description of these squares.
• After the first student has rolled, it is time for the other students to have their turn.
• The game stops when one player reaches the Finish square. The first person to the Finish gains the extra amount of money stated on the Finish square.
• Players count their total money collected and the player with the most money is the winner.
• If a student gets too much money taken off them and has a total of $0, they must move back to the Start square and start over.
This game can also be played with plastic money. Have the money in a pile as the “bank”. When students land on a square with a value, they can physically take that amount from the bank and form their own pile. This helps students that need concrete materials to support their learning.
Looking for other products related to Australian Money? Click these below:
♦ Australian Money Game - Coin Slap!
♦ Australian money worksheets – Spin a coin sum!
♦ Australian money worksheets – Spin a note sum!
Leave feedback and receive TpT credit towards your next purchase!
By leaving feedback you can earn TpT credit that you can use towards your next purchase. Simply go to My Purchases
and click the Leave Feedback button next to each of your purchases. After clicking, you will be able to leave a quick rating and comment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps me improve my products, giving me an insight in to how they have worked for you.