This money pack is aimed at children in Prep, Grade 1 or Grade 2.
It connects to the Australian Curriculum progression points 1.0 and 2.0. The games and activities help with coin and note recognition and familiarisation. Make a cute caterpillar craftivity!
- Coin Detective Coins and Notes. This involves matching the picture of the coin/note with the word.
Connects to Ausvels progression point 1.0 (Students recognise Australian coins according to their value.)
- Put it in the Bank game.Children roll the dice, match that number with a coin and place it onto their piggy bank board.
- Australian Coins sheet. Make a coin caterpillar and 4 different variations of this.
1. Order coins from smallest to largest in value. Progression point 1.0.
2. Children have to show the value of small collections and stick this on each segment. Progression point 2.0.
3. Show different ways to make $1, stick these on each segment. 4. Show change, use a note and give children a value for an object. They show the different ways they can make the change.