Practise counting money and recognising Australian Coins with this super fun Coin Slap game! The different combination of coins and values will help children to understand and count different money values. This game is perfect for Maths centres, small group rotations and even free time!
Included in this product is:
• 72 game cards with both coin and digital values up to $5.00.
• A blank set of game card templates and coins if you wish to make new cards with other values.
The coin and digital values included are:
5c, 10c, 15c, 20c, 25c, 30c, 35c, 40c, 45c, 50c, 55c, 60c, 65c, 70c, 75c, 80c, 85c, 90c, 95c, $1.00, $1.10, $1.20, $1.30, $1.50, $1.70, $1.90, $2.00, $2.20, $2.50, $3.00, $3.50, $4.00, $4.50, $4.70, $4.90 and $5.00
How to play:
Students play the game in the groups of 3-4.
1. Mix the coin cards and spread out on the floor or table face up.
2. Mix the value cards and put into a pile face down, so that the values are hidden.
3. Assign one student to be the person to call out the value cards. This student flips a value card and calls out the amount written.
4. The other students race to “slap” the matching coin value card. If they slap it first, they get to keep it.
5. After all the value cards are called out, the student with the most coin cards is the winner.
Depending on what you want your students focusing on, you may swap the cards, so the coin cards are being called out and the value cards are being “slapped”.
♦ ♦ ♦ These cards can also be used to play Memory! ♦ ♦ ♦
Looking for other products related to Australian Money? Click these below:
• Australian money worksheets – Spin a coin sum!
• Australian money worksheets – Spin a note sum!
• Australian Money - Coin Board Games
Leave feedback and receive TpT credit towards your next purchase!
By leaving feedback you can earn TpT credit that you can use towards your next purchase. Simply go to My Purchases
and click the Leave Feedback button next to each of your purchases. After clicking, you will be able to leave a quick rating and comment. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps me improve my products, giving me an insight in to how they have worked for you.