Australian money and Australian Mint.
This literacy/maths link pack on Australian currency introduces students to the six coins in circulation and 1 cent and 2 cent coins and the function of the Royal Australian Mint.
Editable PowerPoint and worksheets.
Learning Objectives: To be able to retrieve information, take part in class discussion and listen to others, label pictures correctly, work out meaning of words in a text, write simple sentences with correct punctuation.
Learning Objectives: Recognise and describe Australian coins, to know each coin has a different value and is not related to size of coins.
If you are planning a visit to the Royal Australian Mint or just want to watch a video about the Royal Australian Mint, starting to teach your students about Australian currency, then this is an ideal resource to get started.
- A 16 Slide editable PowerPoint Presentation with whole class listening and speaking activity (8 questions).
Divided into Lesson starter (elicit what the students know about money), Main lesson and Plenary (Recap on what they have learnt).
In addition to the Presentation there are learning support materials:-
- Students can design their own display cards with facts – Art link
- Two differentiated reading comprehension texts with questions. One set with 11 questions and the other set with 15 questions.
- Cut/Paste Coin Match - students cut out and match the coins to the values shown the worksheet and then label each coin with the name of image on the reverse of each coin.
Extension worksheet: Students write four facts about what they have learnt.
There are display posters
- laminate the whole page general fact sheet onto card paper
- laminate and cut out the half page coin facts onto card paper.
Included 3 weblinks to choose from to go with this resource.
Youtube link: Royal Australia Mint Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u3upZG4toE
Youtube link: 5:37 mins long – Special coins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X83zllePHjI
Thanks for stopping by my store:)