This Australian money bundle includes eleven products that will help students learn about Australian currency: worksheets, discussion questions, math stories, a poster, and a game! Students explore Australian money (banknotes and coins) with a variety of contextualized activities. The perfect way to practice financial mathematics!
I will be adding more products to this bundle so that it eventually matches my Canadian money bundle. Buy now and get access to all future updates without any price increase!
- Rounding to the Nearest 5¢ - Six rounding Australian money worksheets. Students calculate change to the nearest multiple of five cents so they can confidently use banknotes and coins to pay for their purchases.
- Rounding Australian Money Number Line - A hands-on math activity to help students round money to the nearest combination of coins.
- Australian Money Rounding Game - A no-prep project-and-go game that incorporates maths and movement!
- Elapsed Time and Australian Money Word Problems Worksheets - four pages of elapsed time and shopping worksheets where students solve Australian money word problems by adding and subtracting monetary amounts, making change, counting money, and answering elapsed-time problems. A fun math story for students!
- Australian Money Math Story Comic - A fun set of Australian money shopping worksheets for years 2, 3, and 4. Students use their financial mathematics skills to solve problems as they work through the Australian money word problems in this math comic.
- Math Journal Prompts - 11 Australian money word problems to use as math journal prompts or for math discussions. A perfect way to get kids thinking flexibly about using Australian currency!
- Australian Coins Poster - includes a colour and black-and-white version
- Counting Money Slap Game - an fun, no-prep activity you just project and play! All you need is a projector and a whiteboard or plain wall, and you can get your students engaged in a math game they're sure to love!
- Party Planning Math - with this print-and-go math assignment, students pick parties from a list of options and plan them out! They create budgets and schedules before finally choosing their dream party. *Note: This resource does not specifically mention Australian currency, but does require financial mathematics skills.
- Back to School Math Assessment & Intermediate Math Review - two great assessments or review packages to help you understand what your students already know and what they need to learn. Both of these packages include a financial mathematics component.
Click the individual products to get a closer look!
This bundle is still growing, so grab it now before the price goes up and you can redownload all the new content as it is added!
CANADIANS: please note that I have lots of Canadian money worksheets and games as well available in my store.