Students in Years 5 and 6 will be highly engaged in this unit covering the structural and behavioural adaptations of animals with a focus on creatures of the deep sea.
This unit covers the following outcomes:
* Biological Sciences outcome ACSSU043 and ACSSU094.
* Science as a human endeavour ACSHE083
* Communicating ACSIS093
* Design and Technologies ACTDEP024 and ACTDEP025
The cross curriculum priority is Sustainability,
The unit also provides an opportunity for a Science Fair project
The pack includes:
* Teacher unit information including differentiation for students,
* Links to background information for teachers,
* 13 activities providing an covering adaptation in some land and marine creatures, adaptation for survial and practical actions students can take to protect vulnerable species.
* An explanation and utilisation of the simple 5E's method of teaching
* Display board title in publisher and pdf for A3 printing,
* 2 definitions posters for structural and behavioural adaptations
* Powerpoint presentation
* Stimulus pictures
* Activitiy sheet
* Support pages for activities
* Annotated diagram example
* Assessment items for each activity.
This unit requires student access to the internet.
Thank you for purchasing from Science to Teach. I take great pride in my work and hope you have fun using my products.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License