This unit has been customised for the Australian National Curriculum and includes content descriptions and elaborations from the Year 4 Science and Technologies curriculums (technologies draft document).
This bright, fun, practical and very comprehensive simple and compound machines unit includes the following:
• A teacher’s guide with thorough explanations of concepts included,
• Assessment for each of the activities included,
• Comprehensive extension work for three of the activities to extend students laterally,
• Full activity descriptions,
• 6 x Bright and fun simple machines posters
• Assessment worksheets
• Extension worksheets
• Investigating scientifically and design and make student reference guide
• Testing simple machines worksheets for practical activities,
• Extensions worksheets
• Simple machine activity stations cards to laminate
• Design and make planning pages
• Simple and compound machines PowerPoint presentation.
If all elements of this unit are taught it could take a year 4 class approximately 8 weeks. Otherwise it can be broken down and used as smaller resources.
Thank you for visiting Science to Teach. I hope you find my products useful and fun.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License