This file contains slides for the Australian folk song Australia's on the Wallaby. This song helps to prepare, present, and practice tom ti.
Hardest Rhythmic Concept: tom ti
Other Rhythmic Concepts: ta, ti-ti, ta-a
I have included a copy of the song in case it is not one from your folk song collection.
This will help you:
- Prepare, present, and practice tom ti
- Icons to keep the beat to the song
- Icons to show the rhythm of the song
- Introduction slides for tom ti (with other syllable choices and a blank slide for those that use something else)
- Rhythmic notation of the song in standard notation
- Interactive game for practicing clapping tom ti (please note that you need to view this document in Acrobat Reader to have the links work properly!)
- Slide with original song file
- Vocabulary slides with information about words your students may not know
- Printable student beat and rhythm charts
If you like this file you should also check out my other Australia related files:
Australian Animals Vocal Explorations
Australian Animals Rhythm Activities - Coming Soon!
Australia Rhythm Activities - Coming Soon!
Ryebuck Shearer - Australian Folk Song - Ta Rest
Buy all of them in one big bundle for even less!
Australia Bundle of Songs and Activities - Coming Soon!
Follow me on Facebook for Fan Freebies and Specials
Get more music teaching ideas by reading my blog - Making Music Memories
created by Making Music Memories, Brittany De Laruelle, Brittany Ward