This is a fun project using FlowVella and WEB 2.0 technologies to build a presentation about a student’s favorite author. Commonly used in museums, FlowVellas can host several kinds of media--images, pdfs, quizzes, audio and video—and shared easily with others via a link. The materials in this packet can also be used with other presentation software, like Google Slides, PowerPoint, or Prezi etc…but my sample was done in FlowVella to demonstrate its awesome capabilities.
About FlowVella: You can view FlowVellas on any device, but can only design presentations on the iPad, Mac, or iPhone. All FlowVellas can be accessed via the Cloud and shared through class LMS platforms. It is fun, free, and very easy to use. (No, I do not work for the company, I just like their app!) Go to https://flowvella.com/ and check out their library of Flows. They were featured in CNET, techcrunch, Gizmodo, and many more.
Possible uses for this activity:
• Flipped Classroom Learning—Students view lessons designed by teacher and use media outside of the classroom to learn about an author/literary concept being covered in class.
• Blended Learning—Students work in/out of class on author they are studying together as a class or author of choice.
• Home Project—Students choose an author of their choice and work on their presentation throughout the semester at home and present at a specified time.
• Biography Studies—Can be used as one part in a larger unit on Biographical studies.
Included: Project plan-11 pages
• Lesson Overview
• Literary devices definitions and links
• Biography planning sheet for older students
• Biography planning sheet for younger students
Flowvella- Link to Charlotte Bronte Biography of 15 slides loaded with audio, video and links to study helps related to the author and her novel, Jane Eyre