Today I happily share a power point (written in rhyme) that visually teaches the concept of how the units of liquid measure relate to one another.
* Beginning with one gallon, four quarts are assembled within the gallon.
* Following the initial visual, two pints are assembled within each quart.
* Next, two cups are placed within each pint, demonstrating that one gallon can be four quarts, eight pints, and/or sixteen cups, all being equal quantities.
* The presentation is appropriate for multiple grades, beginning as early as second or third, and going all the way to eighth or ninth grade.
* The concepts are presented in an entertaining format, and as indicated above, there is rhythm to the language.
* Enjoy this simplification of a rather confusing concept for students.
LOVE TO TEACH!