: How does living in a totalitarian state impact people’s lives?
- Common core-compliant worksheet.
- Includes several activities designed to promote critical thinking, active engagement, and class discussion such as:
- Do now that appropriately sets up the worksheet.
- Secondary source analysis – Excerpts from a 1981 Newsweek article comparing authoritarianism with totalitarianism. Followed by four analysis questions.
- Think-Write-Pair-Share – Students evaluate whether Louis XIV, Napoleon, and Vladimir Lenin were authoritarian or totalitarian.
- Living in a Totalitarian World – Analysis of excerpts from George Orwell’s 1984 followed by the creation of a poem or rap describing what life in a totalitarian state is like.
What files come with this product?
- Authoritarian or Totalitarian? Worksheet Word Doc (for easy modification)
- Authoritarian or Totalitarian? Worksheet PDF (to maintain formatting)
- Authoritarian or Totalitarian? Worksheet Answer Key
Please read the listing carefully so you are confident in what you are buying. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Please follow my store by clicking the link below.
Click here to follow
If you decide to purchase this or any other product, please take a moment to leave feedback. Thank you so much!