This product from The Resource Place is a great resource to help your students not only understand how to identify an author's point of view, but also how to respond to a writing prompt in which they need to compare two pieces of text.
Students will be asked to read two letters in which the author's will give their differing opinion on school uniforms. Your kids will then have to answer four questions concerning the author's point of view. When this is complete, they will respond to a writing prompt. Citing text evidence is also practiced in this product!
1. Author's Point of View Anchor Chart
2. Two letters with differing points of view on school uniforms
3. Questions about the letters
4. Writing Prompt: How are the point of views of Tony and Linda different concerning school uniforms?
5. Writing Prompt: Do you think students in your school should have to start wearing school uniforms?
If you are looking for more reading comprehension and writing response activities, check out some of my other products!
Author's Point of ViewAuthor's PurposeCharacter TraitsReading Skills Booklets
Comparing and Contrasting Texts