Author's Purpose Beyond PIES - Reading Interactive Notebook
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Want a tool to help you quickly plan engaging, effective reading lessons? The Reading Interactive Notebook is just what you're looking for! This Common Core and TEKS-aligned reading interactive notebook is a great tool for introducing skills and strategies and will be an effective supplement to yourPrice $29.01Original Price $44.62Save $15.61
- Looking to improve your students' comprehension of informational texts? These Common Core and TEKS aligned nonfiction interactive notebook pages are just what you're looking for. This nonfiction bundle offers a hands-on approach to teaching author's purpose beyond PIES, literary nonfiction, main idePrice $9.99Original Price $12.72Save $2.73
Go beyond PIES with author's purpose. Teach your students how to make inferences and draw conclusions about the author's purpose of a text and analyze the choices they made to achieve that purpose with these interactive notebook pages.
Your students will provide text evidence to support their thinking and explain how the author crafted the text to fit his/her purpose.
This notebook doesn't just give you interactive pages to use with your students. It also gives you loads of tools to help you plan a fun, engaging unit.
⭐ Interactive Notebook Pages That Include:
- Mini Interactive Author's Purpose Anchor Chart
- 5 Interactive Pages That Can Be Used with Any Text:
- 1 "House" Interactive Page that helps students understand and analyze how genre, central idea, intended audience, text structure, print & graphic features, and literary devices help the author achieve their purpose.
- 1 Simpler "House" Interactive Page that helps students understand and analyze how genre, big idea/topic, intended audience, text structure, and print & graphic features help the author achieve their purpose.
- Author's Purpose Graphic Organizer that helps students understand how to determine the author's purpose by analyzing the genre, structure, and central idea.
- Author's Purpose Graphic Organizer that helps students understand how to determine the author's purpose by analyzing the genre, structure, central idea, and text features.
- Author's Purpose Graphic Organizer that helps students understand how to determine the author's purpose by analyzing the genre, structure, theme, and literary devices.
- Versions Compatible with Google Slides™ are Provided for Each of the Interactive Notebook Pages to help you move seamlessly between in-person and virtual learning as needed.
⭐ Resources to Help You Plan:
- Book List for Author's Purpose
- Lesson Ideas for Teaching Author's Purpose
Please take a look at the preview to see examples of everything that's included. And please let me know if you have any questions.
⭐ What Other Buyers Are Saying:
"This was such a simple way of getting my students to think beyond P.I.E!!! My students paid attention to detail and were able to have conversations and explain why they filled in their templates the way they did. It really demanded high order thinking from them."
"I like how the house provides a visual for the layers of author's purpose - that it's more than just PIE. The definition of author's purpose included in this activity is one that kids can easily relate to. The graphic organizer allows students to work through the process of identifying author's purpose in a colorful and organized way."
"I absolutely love this resource! It tied in all of the TEKS we have been covering this year but also allows students to see how reading and writing are connected. This is wonderful for independent book reports, small groups, and whole-class learning."
"Great resource for author's purpose! So many other resources rely on PIE, when PIE is no longer applicable! Thanks!"
"Totally changed how I teach author's purpose and text structure. I love how this puts everything together so the student can see that all these decisions go back to author's purpose! Love the architect mental model/metaphor!"
⭐ Save by purchasing this in the bundle:
The Reading Interactive Notebook
⭐ What Others Have Said About The Reading Interactive Notebook:
"This resource has been such a stress reliever for me!! Whenever I am ready to start a new unit, I just go search and see what resources there are. I like that there are several options for each skill."
"After buying a few of the pieces separately, I finally purchased the entire notebook for my centers. It is a great rotation that reinforces the skills students are already learning."
"WE love this resource in my classroom. It helps to put reading skills in easy terms for my students. They love the visual to refer back to. Well worth the investment in this resource!"
"This resource is so amazing and has made students understand the way they learn best. It gives choices of mentor texts you can use with it and multiple levels. The students are able to group together and make their own anchors in their interactive notebooks to take advantage of their own learning. I like how it gives examples as well to help with the setup and how it is to be used if you wanted."
✨ All my new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Click here to follow my store and receive notifications when I create something new so you don't miss out on the savings.
I’d love to hear from you if you have any questions, issues, or requests!
❤ Laura Heinen
✨ Leave a review to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. You can easily do this by clicking the "Provide Feedback" button next to the items you've purchased on your "My Purchases" page.