This hands-on resource was created to help students identify the author's purpose (persuade, inform, or entertain) using brief passages, text titles, and clues.
Read below for more information!
- 6 Memory Match Games for identifying the author’s purpose of short passages, book titles, and text examples (persuade, inform, entertain). There are 9 matches per set.
- Consider keeping groups small (2 - 3 students) if using one set at a time. OR combine sets for a larger game with more students. Adjust for the needs of your classroom!
- Place the cards FACE DOWN in a rectangular array. Students will take turns flipping over two cards at a time. The goal is to match an Author’s Purpose to an appropriate example. If students find a match, they get to keep the cards and go again! However, if no match is found, they must place the cards back EXACTLY where they were. The next player will then take their turn. Continue until all cards have found a match. Winner is the student with the most matches!
- These games can be played during Reading Centers/Stations, during Small Group Instruction, or can be utilized as an early finisher activity.
Please click PREVIEW for a closer look!
Show me how you use this in your classroom!
Find me on Instagram using → @coffeecreations.tpt
You may like...
- Author's Purpose Movement Interactive Game (Persuade, Inform, Entertain) - BEST SELLER!
- Author's Purpose Clip Cards - Persuade, Inform, Entertain
This is a SINGLE CLASSROOM License. This CANNOT be shared freely amongst staff, teammates, friends, online avenues, emailed, and/or etc. If others are interested in these activities, please direct them to my store.
Thank you SO much for your understanding and cooperation.
Like it? Love it? Be sure to let me know! By providing feedback and a rating, you earn TPT credits towards any future purchases!
Have a question? Product not displaying properly? Leave me a comment in the Q/A section before providing feedback! I'm more than happy to help in any way!
Thanks for stopping by!
Coffee Creations © 2019