Author’s Purpose: These activities help reinforce author’s purpose using the PIE acronym (persuade, inform, entertain).
This packet includes the following:
• 4 posters using the PIE acronym for teaching author’s purpose
• 2 P.I.E. worksheets – students will read a passage or an example of text and determine the author’s purpose (answer keys included)
• Author’s Purpose cut and paste worksheet – students will read each box and determine the author’s purpose (answer key included)
• A checklist for students to use to determine the author’s purpose of any reading passage
• Scholastic P.I.E. Sort – students will look through old Scholastic catalogs and cut and paste the book into the correct P.I.E. column
• 24 Author’s Purpose Task Cards, Recording Sheet, and Answer Key
• Four in a Row P.I.E. game (my students LOVE playing this game!)
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.