Author's Purpose Text-Coding Reading Passages. 21 fun and engaging NO PREP AUTHOR'S PURPOSE PASSAGES inviting students to text code clues as they read and to explain their thinking in complete sentences. Author's Purposes include: To Persuade, to Inform, and to Entertain. The P.I.E acronym is used to help reinforce author's purpose skills in the included posters.
• NOTE: This resource now has a GOOGLE SLIDES version, making it ideal for digital distance learning and remote teaching!
Learning Outcomes: Students will be able to...
1) Identify text evidence that shows the author's purpose is to persuade.
2) Identify text evidence that sows the author's purpose is to inform.
3) Identify text evidence that shows the author's purpose is to entertain.
Common Core Learning Targets:
Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Please click on the Preview button to see if these would be a good fit for your classroom.
Author's Purpose Packet Includes
• 21 total author’s purpose passages
• 7 persuasive passages
• 7 informative passages
• 7 entertainment passages
• 1 P.I.E Poster
• 3 Individual posters for each author's purpose
• Primary and standard writing lines
• Answer key
Please take a quick moment to rate this product. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Follow Me by clicking on the green star above for to be the first to know about sales, freebies, and new products from Bite-Size Teaching!
You may also be interested in: