1. Students use their pencil and a paperclip to spin the Author’s Purpose spinner.
2. Students record which purpose they landed on in the first column.
3. Students spin on the Topic spinner.
4. Students record which topic they landed on in the topic column.
5. Students write a sentence about the topic spun that fits the purpose that was spun.
6. Repeat until all rows are filled in.
Entertain- Lunch- One time there was a food fight in the cafeteria.
Inform- Lunch- Chicken nuggets will be served for lunch today.
Persuade- Lunch- We have been so good today so we should go to lunch early.
This can be used for a whole class activity or put into a literacy center. Use however works best for you!
If you like this game, click here
for a bundle of 7 spinner games for only $3. Includes adjectives, verb tenses, cause and effect, fact and opinion, possessive and plural, and show, don't tell.