This product features 32 Task Cards to help review author's purpose and PIE- Persuade, Inform, and Entertain.
Students will read the short sentence or story on the card and then determine if the author's purpose is to Persuade, Inform, or Entertain. They will record their (P,I,E) answer on their answer sheet.
An answer key is included for teachers or students to check their answers!
Use Task Cards for:
• Reading Centers
• Partner Work
• Early Finishers
• Test prep
• ELA stations
• Class games
• Warm-ups before class
These cards feature diverse children clip art on each card to help mimic the students in your classroom! The font is big and easy to read- perfect for ESL, ELL, or SPED!
They look best when printed in color and have white backgrounds to minimize ink useage! (They will also print fine in black and white).
SEE THE PREVIEW FILE TO SEE EXAMPLES OF THE TASK CARDS!!
**** Other Task Cards that You Might Love ****
• Primary versus Secondary Sources- 40 Task Cards
• Character Traits and Inferencing-40 Task Cards
• 32 Fact or Opinion Task Cards
• Sequence of Events 40 Task Cards
• Subject/Predicate 48 Task cards
• Independent versus Dependent Clauses- 40 Task Cards
• Dictionary Skills- 32 Task Cards
• Contractions- 32 Task Cards
• Verb Tenses- 32 Task Cards
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!