Author's purpose definition posters and task card set to use with groups or independent practice with response pages.
Determining the Author’s Purpose can be a tricky concept for beginning readers! Use these 24 cards in your whole group or small group instruction, or as an independent review activity to help your students develop this important skill. Several ideas on how to use this set are included.
• Idea page on how to use this resource
• Posters to define author’s purpose—persuade, inform, entertain
• 24 task cards, in sets of 4 with a common theme
• 3 choices for response pages
• Quick writing response extension activity