Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tas$64.03$80.03Save $16.00
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if: -You have never used task cards, but would like to try-You have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)-You wo$23.56$33.56Save $10.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$277.02$377.02Save $100.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$25.41$33.41Save $8.00
- Help your students build comprehension with these 8 sets of task cards! The resources in this bundle have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers and will save you 25% off the regular prices!Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage. The digital version$19.96$28.32Save $8.36
Author's purpose is a critical reading skill, and these authors purpose task cards are here to help with your lessons!
- 24 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- 3 Challenge Cards to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Theme Task Cards
- Making Inferences Task Cards
- Informational Text Structures Task Cards
- Main Idea Task Cards
- Summarizing Task Cards
- Cause & Effect Task Cards
- Compare & Contrast Task Cards
This resource is also included in the following bundles:
- Reading Strategies MEGA BUNDLE
- ELA Task Cards MEGA BUNDLE
- Task Card Variety Pack Bundle
- Reading Strategies Mini Bundle
- Reading Comprehension Bundle
This resource uses American English and is editable.
This activity is meant to be supplemental and should be used after your students have been introduced to author's purpose and are familiar with the PIE acronym. A PIE poster is included for students to use as a reference as well as three challenge cards to extend the activity. In addition, blackline versions of the cards are included, which look great when printed on colored paper.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "Your creative products keep me coming back! Love the look of the product and the fact that kids are engaged and enjoy doing the activity makes it all worth it! I work in many classes and the homeroom teachers all rave about the lessons. You make me look like a rock star!" -Kimberly K.
✏️ "The BEST way to review author's purpose - through your task cards! My kids absolutely adore your products, they get so excited when I say it's TASK CARD time! :)" -Ms. P. 3B Busy Bees.
✏️ "Excellent product! Easy to use for students, but the content is challenging enough to promote critical thinking. Great for skill review. I've used them for morning work, scoot, centers, etc. Endless possibilities!" -Ashley Bennett.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSCCRA.R.6 - Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom