Also included in
- Save money with this discounted set of Reading Strategy Task Card Sets for grades 2-5. Each set includes 24 cards, student recording sheet, and a colorful poster. Please see below for digital options included:Sets included: Author's Purpose - with Easel ActivitySummarize It! - with Google SlidesMaki$7.96$9.96Save $2.00
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if: -You have never used task cards, but would like to try-You have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)-You wo$23.56$33.56Save $10.00
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$58.20$78.20Save $20.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$24.86$30.86Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$273.72$373.72Save $100.00
Here are 24 Author's Purpose cards to help your students practice this important skill.
Each card features a short reading passage and the three multiple-choice PIE options. Students are also asked to justify their answers.
This activity is meant to be supplemental and should be used after your students have been introduced to author's purpose and are familiar with the PIE acronym. A PIE poster is included for students to use as a reference as well as three challenge cards to extend the activity. In addition, blackline versions of the cards are included, which look great when printed on colored paper.
- PIE Reference Poster
- 24 Task Cards Color
- 24 Task Cards Black Line
- Cover Card and 3 Challenge Cards
- Student Answer Sheets (2 options)
- Answer Key
* Each digital version includes audio support. If you don't want your students to have the support, you can delete the play icon before sharing with them.
- Google Slides Version (with audio support)
- Easel Activity (Drag and Drop with audio support)
- Easel Assessment (Self-checking multiple choice with audio support)
There are several ways to use these cards. You could use them orally with small groups and have students discuss the answers. They could also be used individually with students answering on notebook paper. Another option for individual use is to have students use the included multiple choice answer sheet. This could work well for younger students or if you do not need students to justify their answers. An answer key is included.
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ Your creative products keep me coming back! Love the look of the product and the fact that kids are engaged and enjoy doing the activity makes it all worth it! I work in many classes and the homeroom teachers all rave about the lessons. You make me look like a rock star! -Kimberly K.
♥ The BEST way to review author's purpose - through your task cards! My kids absolutely adore your products, they get so excited when I say it's TASK CARD time! :) -Ms. P. 3B Busy Bees.
♥ Excellent product! Easy to use for students, but the content is challenging enough to promote critical thinking. Great for skill review. I've used them for morning work, scoot, centers, etc. Endless possibilities! -Ashley Bennett.
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom