This includes 2 visual multiple choice quizzes that address the common core in understanding author’s point of view through various inspiring accounts – through the eyes of the children. These are assessments, but they are also excellent resources to present and practice with the whole-class.
The events covered in the passages are as follows:
1) Malala Yousafzai's conflict and support for the education of girls.
2) Ruby Bridges and her impact on stopping segregation in schools.
3) Sylvia Mendez along with her parents influence to end segregation in California schools in 1947.
4) Sadako Sasaki and the effects of the atomic bomb.
5) Anne Franks experience in hiding during WWII.
6) Craig Keilburger's influence in the world to stop child labor.
Addresses CCSS. ELA – Literacy
RI.4.8 – Explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.
RI.4.9 -- Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
RI. 5.6 -- Analyze multiple accounts of the same event or topic, noting important similarities and differences in the point of view they represent.