The unit plan includes approximately 3 weeks of lessons focusing on examining author's word choice to see how an author creates suspense. Common Core objectives covered are RL.4 & W.3.
Part 1 - Teacher led lessons on mood, tone, and elements of suspense
Part 2 - Student led project creating a powerpoint identifying the elements of suspense in a story they read independently.
Part 3 - Writing lessons for students to apply what they've learned about elements of suspense.
Included in this pack:
• Mood & tone lesson & poster
• The Tell-Tale Heart lesson
• Elements of Suspense PowerPoint & student chart
• Student project lesson & rubric
* Sample project PowerPoint to use as an example
• Writing suspenseful stories project