This MEGA Bundle is an adaptation of the original
with accommodations to meet the needs of students with Autism (special fonts and handwriting lines). I worked with a teacher, at her request, to specialize this product with recommendations from therapists.
This sight word practice pack includes (with accomodations):
- All of the words from the Dolch Sight Word list for PK, K, 1, 2, 3 made into cut-able flash cards. (See FLASH CARDS below)
- All of the letters needed to cut and paste onto the cards (if you don’t want to use your own magazines).
- Half page printable practice sheets with letters attached. (see PRINTABLE PRACTICE SHEETS below)
- Power Word Book templates. (see POWER WORD BOOK TEMPLATES below)
1. Trace the gray Power Word (HFW) on the card.
2. Write the word on the handwriting lines.
3. Find the letters of the word in a magazine and cut and paste them on your paper.
-Individual: Give the students the word card on the day you introduce the word and make a book with all the pages when they have learned all the words.
-Center Activity: Copy the entire set, laminate and cut apart the cards. Have students use dry erase markers to trace and plastic letters to make the words.
-Extended use: Use as flash cards for take-home practice or partner work.
Printable Practice Sheets
1. Trace the Power Word on the page.
2. Read a sentence and write the word in the sentence.
3. Cut the letters out and glue them on the correct spaces.
4. Color the picture or circle the words in a box.
-Individual: Print the sheet for the word you are working on for the day. Student completes the activity independently or with a partner.
-Center Activity: Print the entire set, laminate and cut apart the cards. Have students use dry erase markers to trace the words. Cut apart the letters and add Velcro to the backs and blanks. Have students Velcro the letters in the correct order
Power Word Book Templates
1. Print templates and assemble book. (class set or individual for each student)
2. Read and complete pages. (Coloring, simple activities to help build definitions, word searches, glue on letters)
3. Practice reading to friends and family!
Please download the preview for lots of pictures!
If you need just a single grade level list, please contact me, as they are not yet posted individually.
You Might Also Like
Poem Puzzles MEGA Bundle
- Pumpkin Math
- Research for Little Ones
- Graphic Organizers for Reading
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the ‘Follow Me’ link next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Sarah Burk. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.