Teaching students with autism for the first time can be a little daunting, but with the right preparation everyone can get off to a smooth start!
What's it about?
This guide will help you to understand what to expect, and show you how to turn your classroom into an effective learning space for students with autism.
Who is it for?
Teachers who are new to teaching students with autism or have a new autistic student in their classroom.
The 120+ page kit has five sections:
* Getting Ready - Things you can do to prepare your classroom
* What To Expect - Understanding behaviors that you might see
* The First Days - Ideas to help your student settle in
* What Next - Where to go from here
* Resources - Checklists and printables
*********** UPDATED FOR 2017 ***************
I've revamped the layout and added a few extra printables including a social story called I Can Wash My Hands and a guide to making online schedules
Where can I get more info?
For more tips on helping and understanding students with autism, visit Snagglebox.com!