This packet contains 18 portable communication cards to help students with autism and other language impairments quickly and effectively communicate their wants and needs with a school setting. Each communication card contains 16 different picture communication icons.
2 sizes are provided.
The larger size (6.75 inches x 6 inches) is for the teacher/adult to help prompt their student to communicate their needs.
The smaller size (5.25 inches x 4.5 inches) is for the student to keep with them. The small size allows for the student to easy keep the communication to hand (using a lanyard/book ring/keychain) and to carry it with them at all times as they transition throughout the school building.
Specific communication cards included are (in both sizes)
- I need (classroom materials, pencil, eraser, pencil sharpener etc)
- I need (snack/food items/utensils)
- I want (bathroom, Kleenex, weighted vest etc)
- I want (food) x 2
- Help me (classroom actions, unpack, write, draw, spell etc)
- Help me (actions, tie, zip up, put on, clean etc)
- Help me with my (classroom activities, math, writing, reading, computer etc)
- Help (I don’t know, I don’t like, I spilled etc)
- I feel (happy, mad, sad, frustrated etc)
- People (teacher, aide, principal, nurse, mom/dad etc)
- School places (classroom, hallway, art room, health room etc)
- What is wrong (it’s too loud, too cold, I don’t want to etc)
- Communication (yes, no, good, bad, I’m finished, right, wrong etc)