This Autobiography & Biography Genre Study is a great way for students to dig deeper into the specific elements of these genres. It includes everything you need from visuals for introducing the genres to tons of independent reading options.
- Genre Posters/Anchor Charts: These posters each contain a student-friendly definition of the genre, a visual, elements of the genre, and an example of a book in the genre. It comes as a poster or interactive anchor chart (pieces on a separate page) in both a full page or half page option for student notebooks. These come from the Genre Posters Pack.
- Word Wall Cards: These half page word wall cards come in 4 color options. This smaller size works well if you are planning on working through multiple genres and are limited on wall space. These come from the Genre Word Wall.
- Bookmarks: These are double-sided bookmark with a condensed version of the above poster on the front, and then room for students to respond on the back. Boxes are included on the back for sticky notes, but students can also just write directly onto the bookmarks. A single sided (cut and fold) printing option or double-sided option are both included. They come from the Genre Bookmarks.
- Graphic Organizers (7): Differentiated (varied levels of difficulty) graphic organizers are great for supported genre reading response. They are very versatile in how they can be used whether its whole class, small guided reading groups, or left out in a classroom library for independent reading accountability. These come from the Genre Graphic Organizers Pack.
- Tab Books: These tab books allow students to analyze the genres a bit more than the graphic organizers. Since they are multiple pages, they offer students more space to dig deep. They are hands-on and super easy to put together. They come in both a full page or half page mini book option. These come from the Genre Tab Books.
- Autobiography and Biography Reading Response & Report Writing Crafts: These crafts are such a great way to reach your hands on, visual learners. They are also very low prep, with clear directions for students to follow when working independently. They work for response to reading (specific to one book) as well as writing a tab book report for their person in general (not specific to one book). These come from the Genre Crafts Pack.
- Autobiography Reading Craft: Mirror Spinner
- Autobiography Report Writing Tab Book
- Biography Mind Puzzle Craft
- Biography Report Writing Tab Book
This genre study is also available discounted along with 25 more genres and tons more genre resources in the Genres Megabundle!