This report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess your students’ autobiography report. This template can be used as the actual formal report to be turned in, or if you have older students you can utilize this template as a study guide or rough draft. For these older students you then would have them take their template and type or write their report on their own. This packet contains the following:
• Report Template includes: Report Cover Sheet ( A colored cover sheet and a black and white cover sheet are included), a Table of Contents listing:
• Who you are and where you were born
• Where you live and who lives with you
• Describe the unique and special things about your family
• Describe your heritage and the challenges they may have encountered
• Write about your friends and the things that you like to do together
• Describe your favorite hobbies, activities or sports
• Write about your favorite subject in school
• Your favorite holidays
• Describe your favorite foods
• Write about your pets or if you don’t have pets, what pet or pets you would like to have
• One amazing fact about you that no other classmates know about
• Where in the world you’d like to visit
• What you want to be when you grow up
• What you would like to accomplish to make the world a better place
• Describe your best and worst day
• What it means to be a good American and citizen
• We have provided an additional blank lined sheet of paper that you can copy for your students if they wish to expand on certain areas of the report.
• A template for an illustrated portrait of the student.
• A Circle Map template has been included for brainstorming purposes as the students start to take notes. The student’s name can go inside the smaller circle and various facts about themselves can be written outside the smaller circle as they brainstorm.
• Tree Map Graphic Organizers for student planning. This organizer can help students to organize their notes and ideas into categories. Some students start with the Circle Map and then categorize and classify these facts into “tree branches” to help them better organize their information. We have also included a blank Tree Map worksheet if you would like your students to create and draw their own tree map.
• A Powerpoint page if you’d like your students to create a Powerpoint
• Rubric- Performance Task Rubric for the Written Report
• Editing and Revising Checklist
• Common Core Standard page that can be hung near the student reports on a bulletin board to cite the Common Core Writing Standard being taught.
• Landscape Pages- Some pages are better viewed in a landscape orientation so there are four pages made in landscape format: Family Portrait, A globe for them to point out where their ancestors came from, a “Superstar” page for them to illustrate their prediction of what they will look like in their future career, and their favorite recipe for one of their favorite foods.
• Please pick and choose which optional pages that you’d like to include so you can customize this report for your class and students.
• Teacher Ideas. This last section is just some ideas that I have used that you may find helpful.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Dinosaur Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺