2nd graders love themed units, and honestly, planning and implementing them makes my job more fun, too! One of my favorite seasons to celebrate at school is Autumn! There are so many exciting learning opportunities that can bring the fall season into your classroom.
- This unit was designed with my 2nd grade class in mind. The content area activities in this unit align with Virginia’s 2nd grade SOLs, but many of these activities could work with 1st grade or 3rd grade students as well.
- This unit contains ideas and materials needed to implement many Autumn themed activities in the class. The first section contains class-building ideas like decorations, behavior incentives, and morning meeting activities. The next section contains ideas for literacy activities including read-alouds, writing, and drawing conclusions. The math portion of this unit includes activities, games, projects, and challenges addressing addition and subtraction (up to 20), fact families (related facts), even and odd numbers, and skip counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s. My favorite part of the unit is the inquiry style project at the end. The suggestions and materials in this portion allow you to build on your students’ excitement and curiosity about fall to extend their learning in an authentic way.
- Your students will love the activities in this unit! Start planning and get teaching! Have fun with it!
Included in this 72-page unit:
- Goal Setting Tree Leaves & Directions
- Our Class is A Hoot! Door Decoration Directions & Template
- Can You Crack These? Bulletin Board Display Directions & Templates
- Morning Meeting Activities and Prompt Leaves
- Fall Writing Directions, Planning Sheets, & Writing Papers
- Drawing Conclusions with Owl at Home Directions & Recording Sheet
- Fall Book Recommendation List
- Leaf Combinations Game Directions & Recording Sheet
- Autumn Word Problems Task Cards & Recording Sheet
- Seasonal Skip Counting Station Recording Sheet
- Even & Odd Tree Game Materials & Template
- Autumn Performance Task
- Fall Fact Family Tree Template
- Crack the Code Skip Counting Challenge Cards & Recording Sheet
- Leaf Inquiry Project Suggestions & Directions
- Why Do Leaves Change Color? Article and Comprehension Questions
- Why Leaves Change Color Experiment Directions & Recording Sheet
- All About My Leaf Book Template & Directions
- Leaf Man STEAM Project Directions
Check out my other thematic units:
Thank you for considering this product. Please remember that it is intended for one classroom/teacher use only. You can purchase additional licenses at 50% off! If you like this product, please rate and follow my store. Your comments will help me improve my products and give you credit towards future TPT purchases! Thank you!