These No-Prep Fall Themed Printables are an easy way to make review work or practice of decimal addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division more engaging. Perfect for back to school review or to use throughout the autumn season! Put a new spin on color-by-number or mystery drawings and channel your students' love for doodling and drawing. These are also designed to provide practice the skills of reading math directions and decimal place value skills.
How Solve & Draw Printables Work
All you have to do is print the pages! Students solve the decimal calculations and add to the drawing based on their answers. To keep them guessing, each problem may have one correct drawing prompt, two, or none. Each of the 15 drawing pages has an average of 7 responses that require drawing. Each page is available in two formats - horizontal problems and vertical problems.
Drawing is no-prep because it can be done with the student’s normal writing utensil (pen or pencil). You may choose to allow colored pencils, crayons, or markers but they are not required. This works well as a homework option for families who may not have those supplies to offer.
• Drawing prompts require a student to use multiple skills:
• Decimal calculations
• Decimals written as words
• Correct answer words (quotient, product, sum, difference)
• Place Value
An optional challenge page is included that can be copied on the back of the worksheet – this gives students an extension opportunity by asking them to create a math equation that fits one of the incorrect drawing prompts or to create a math equation and their own drawing prompts. This works well for early finishers.
Table of Contents:
• Addition Level 1 (Fly a Kite)
• Addition Level 2 (Soccer)
• Subtraction Level 1 (Turkey at the Bay)
• Subtraction Level 2 (Horse)
• Mixed Addition & Subtraction Level 1 (Swing)
• Mixed Addition & Subtraction Level 2 (Barn)
• Multiplication Level 1 (Kayaking)
• Multiplication Level 2 (Bench)
• Division Level 1 (Cow)
• Division Level 2 (Apples & Leaf Piles)
• Mixed Multiplication & Division Level 1 (Neighborhood)
• Mixed Multiplication & Division Level 2 (Football)
• Mixed Operations Level 1 (Dog at the Bridge)
• Mixed Operations Level 2 (Reading in the Park)
• Mixed Operations Level 3 (The Lake)
• Challenge Page
• Answer Keys
****Updated on 11/1/15 to correct problems on several answer keys. If you purchased this resource prior to this date please download the file again via your My Purchases page. Thank you!!****
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Decimal Word Problems Solve & Draw Task Cards
••••••Buy both Decimal Solve & Draw resources together and SAVE!
• Fraction Operations Solve & Draw Pack: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.