PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
A big pack of 6 black and white NO PREP differentiated puzzles with picture clues - great for a fall project or practising autumn vocabulary. Fun for EFL/ESL. Includes word search, crossword, missing letters puzzle, word scramble, linkword code and word paths. All puzzles are provided in two versions to allow differentiation in the classroom plus a vocabulary handout for reference. Answer keys are included. Easy to use – just print and go. Handy for fast finishers or substitute lessons.
The puzzles use 20 fall words. If you feel that your kids need something a little more challenging, then you might prefer Fall Puzzles - Harder Version which uses a bigger vocabulary selection of 41 words. The two sets can also be bought together as an Autumn/Fall Puzzle Bundle at a discount of 20%.
Vocabulary included: harvest, corn, apple, pumpkin, wheat, turkey, squirrel, spider, pie, nuts, sunflower, owl, leaf, tree, acorn, quilt, rake, sweater, rain and scarecrow. Each puzzle uses a selection of these words.
1. Picture word search – the easier version has both word and picture clues, the other just the pictures.
2. Alphabet picture crossword – unlike an ordinary crossword, the clues are not numbered but each picture clue starts with a different letter of the alphabet which is given in the crossword grid. In the easier version the clues are identified by their starting letters, whilst in the other version the clues must be matched to their starting letters.
3. Missing letters puzzle – version one has missing vowels, the other has alternate letters missing. The student matches the answers to the correct picture.
4. Word scramble: Seeing double – 9 word scrambles where the letters are given in picture grids but additional letters are also included. The student must first cross out any repeated letters and then rearrange the remaining letters to make fall words. The easier version also gives a picture clue to each word.
5. Word paths – students draw a path through the letter grid to spell the fall words. Version one has arrows to indicate the start and end of each word.
6. Linkword code – this puzzle has pairs of words where the first word ends with the letter that starts the next one. When all the words have been filled in, the letters from numbered boxes make a final word at the bottom.
7. Vocabulary handout
Please look at the thumbnails before purchasing to ensure that this resource meets your needs.
I would love to hear about your experience with Fall Puzzles in the classroom so please fill in the feedback form on your ‘My Purchases’ page – and earn points towards your next purchase too!
More fun puzzles, games and clip art will be uploaded soon to Leebling. To be notified of new resources, please click here to follow my store.