This pack contains fall-themed library skills resources that will help you review and assess topics including parts of a book, proper arrangement of fiction books in the library, and using MLA format to make a Works Cited page. I designed these for library students in grades 3, 4, and 5.
The resources include:
1. Parts of a Book Vocabulary/Matching Activity: This includes one page that lists parts of a book vocabulary words and their definitions. On the matching activity page, students match 9 parts of a book vocabulary words with their definitions.
2. Parts of a Book "What am I?" task cards (w/recording sheet): Eight task cards are included - the cards describe parts of a book and ask students to identify them. I used these for a Scoot game in my school library by hanging two sets of these cards around the library and asking students to find the cards and record the correct vocabulary word described on each card.
3. Make-Your-Own Bookshelf: This worksheet includes several blank book spines, and students are asked to make a fiction bookshelf by adding authors' last names, titles, and call numbers for each book and making sure they are in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
4. Sort the Spooky Stories: This worksheet lists the titles and authors of several pretend fiction books and asks students to write them on blank book spines, making sure they are in alphabetical order by the author's last name.
5. Fix the Works Cited Page!: This worksheet includes a Works Cited page (made up of imaginary books) that is formatted incorrectly. Students are asked to redo the Works Cited page using MLA format.
(This product is also available as part of my Library Skills Bundle for Fall! If you need resources for your K-2 students as well, please check out the bundle!)
Thanks a million for visiting my store! Please follow me to stay informed about freebies, new products, and sales! May God bless you and your students! ☺
✷If you purchase this product and find it useful, please consider leaving feedback! Remember, whenever you leave feedback on a paid product, you can earn credits that can be used to reduce the cost of a future Teachers Pay Teachers purchase!✷