This packet of fall-themed resources is designed to help you reinforce and assess your K-2 library lessons on topics such as library behavior and etiquette, caring for library books, ABC order, author/illustrator, and using a title page.
Here is a description of each of the seven worksheets in this packet:
1. "Book Care Jack-O'-Lantern Coloring Page" - Students will complete a color-by-number style activity in which proper book care procedures are colored yellow and incorrect book care procedures are colored orange.
2. "Be an Illustrator" - Students are reminded of the definition of "illustrator" and then have an opportunity to illustrate the text of a short story.
3. "Using a Title Page" - This worksheet includes an example of a title page, and then asks the students to answer some simple questions using the information provided on the sample title page.This can be used to introduce what title page is, and it also helps you to reinforce library vocabulary such as illustration, illustrator, author, and publisher.
4. "Fall ABC Order Practice" - Students write 10 fall-themed words in ABC Order.
5. "Halloween ABC Order Practice" - Students cut out five Halloween-themed words, alphabetize them, and glue them in the correct order.
6. "Don't Be Scary in the Library" - Five jack-o'-lanterns each state a choice that they made during library class, and students are asked to circle the jack-o-lanterns that made good choices.
7. "Fall in Love with Reading" - A cute fall-themed coloring page -- perfect for fast finishers or for young students to color after listening to a fun fall story.
These are no-prep activities - simply print and go! I hope you and your students enjoy these worksheets and that they make your fall a little easier! :)
(This product is also available as part of my Library Skills Bundle for Fall
! If you need resources for your students in grades 3-5 as well, you can save money by purchasing the bundle!)
May God bless you and your students! :)