Word hunt games are great for practicing word recognition and developing vocabulary. They can be modified to play with a large or small group.
What is included in this packet?
27 Autumn season word cards & 3 blank ones
28 Winter season word cards & 5 blank ones
32 Spring season word cards & 4 blank ones
30 Summer season word cards & 3 blank ones
12 total clozes – 3 for each season
How do you play word hunt games?
1. Each student in the class is given a card except for one student. He or she is the word hunter.
2. The other students hold up their cards.
3. The teacher picks one card for the word hunter to locate.
4. Once the word hunter finds that card, the student holding the located card becomes the next word hunter.
5. To help develop the vocabulary, the word hunter can either use the word in a sentence or define the word.
What else can I do with the word cards?
- Students can illustrate the vocabulary words to post on a bulletin board.
- As a center, students can pick one, two or three words to use in a sentence and write on a white board.
- Students can categorize the words within the season. For example, a student can locate all the clothing words within a chosen season.
- Use the clozes to assess student knowledge on seasons.
- Print off two copies of each set & play memory!
- Print off extras of the blank cards and challenge students to make their own words for a word hunt game.