This Zip file is a collection of 3 Autumn-themed and 5 holiday/winter-themed rhythm folder games for Kinder and 1st grade music students.
Each game uses rhythm patterns constructed with the quarter note (ta) and eighth note pair (titi).
The teacher glues the two playing pages to a manila folder and laminates this. I also advise printing the rhythm cards on cardstock and then laminating those as well. I put the cards in a plastic baggie which I staple to the front of the folder (only one side of the bag). Easy to clean-up and store - and great for little hands. These are also great for a sub.
1. Pumpkin Patch Rhythms - "vine" and "pump-kin"
2. Acorn and Leaf Rhythms - "leaf" and 'a-corn"
3. Apple and Tree Rhythms - "tree" and "ap-ple"
1. Gingerbread Rhythms - "bread" - "gin-ger"
2. Starry Rhythms - "star" - "an-gel"
3. South Pole Rhythms - "ice" - "pen-guin"
4. Reindeer Rhythms - "sleigh" - "reindeer"
5. Gifts of Rhythm - "elf" - "pre-sents"
I use the games in both whole-class circles with students working in partners (kinder) and small group settings (first grade). We usually follow this plan to use the folders:
1. Students chant the rhythms following the pictures using the words.
2. Students match the rhythm patterns to the pictures.
3. Students chant and clap the rhythm patterns using "ta" and "titi".
4. Students play each pattern on rhythm sticks before putting them back into the bag.