Time for some communication ? Let's get those students up and speaking !
Students enjoy this activity as they get a chance to circulate the room and practice expressing themselves in Spanish.
What this activity involves :
1) a 10 question survey (emphasizing vocabulary and the imperfect tense from the lesson) that students take.
2) After they have circled their choices, they walk around the classroom and try to
find out information from their classmates .
3)They record the students' names and their responses ( short answers as this is a
primarily a speaking activity)
Included in this exercise :
1. the survey itself
2. the questions for students to ask each other
3. a hand out for students to write down their classmates' names and the information
they've obtained from them.
4. Instructions and suggestions
Sample survey statements :
Durante mi niñez, por lo general peleaba con mis hermanos (mi hermana/o) :
A) pocas veces B) siempre C) de vez en cuando D) nunca
E) No tenía hermanos.
Para mí, un héroe o heroina es una persona que:
A) cuida a su familia B) trabaja mucho C) ayuda a los menos afortunados
D) es como mi mamá/ papá E) hace lo correcto en situaciones difíciles
F) es valiente
* All questions pertain to the lesson or use the Imperfect about childhood
* Some of my questions are a little creative, so you may adjust them.