Vocabulary Old Maid "La Solterona" using the Avancemos 2 Unit 4 Lesson 1 vocabulary list. In the document, you will find the game pieces that students will need in order to play.
1) Make enough copies of the documents for students to work in groups of 3 to 4. There should be exactly one match of the Spanish word with its English translation in each deck, and one additional card that says "La Solterona" or Old Maid.
2) Cut out the cards for each group and give them a deck to play with for their group. Students should shuffle the cards first.
3) Each student should start with 5 cards.
4) Students take turns turning to the person sitting on their right and drawing a card from the other player's hand.
5) The point is to match the Spanish word with its English translation.
6) Once a student gets a match, they may lay the cards down and draw another card from the deck.
7) The player with the most matches at the end wins, and the players with "La Solterona" card is the loser.