Time for a change of pace?
As this unit deals with the Caribbean, I selected a Cuban artist
• A catchy song by Cuban singer Jacob Forever formerly of Gente de Zona
• 20 blanks for students to fill in as they listen
• A short description of the singer
• The original song as key
Students listen to the song and complete the missing lyrics.
There at least 4 lines in the song that require the subjunctive
* This is a repetitive song that is fairly easy to sing.
* My students really liked it !
If you would prefer to include an advanced reading about the origin of Caribbean music with comprehension questions that includes this song, please click here.
* You will need to find the song. It is on Youtube.